Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Cry For Help...From A Heart Underground

I work all day and I come home to these tunnels, so dark and damp. I wonder if I will ever have a better life.
My cot, it is more like my potato sack that I sleep on, is the only comfort I have. I often go hungry.
The weekly rations are hardly enough to keep me nourished. One meal a day if I want them to last a week.
If I have time when I come home, I imagine what it is like to live in the Towers like the Proscripts.
Is this life in the tunnels the only life I will ever have? I want to break free! I want to live like they do!
My children suffer, they go without a real education. We only teach them the skills to prepare them for work.
My children ask why they are forced to live here, and the only thing I can say to them is "such is the life of a Grotian."
They ask why they have empty bellies, and my wife and I weep. Our children starve and there is nothing we can do about it.
I am so lost as to where to go, who to turn to, I want my children to have a better life than I have now.
I hear tales of an L.W. who tries to help us, I can only pray he or she can really help us have a better life.
I hope my children have a better life someday...they do not deserve to suffer and be forced to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment