Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I May Never See The Sun Again

I remember all the stories I was told whilst growing up, about how the glorious PPP helped save us Grotians from extinction during the wars with the dragons. I remember being told, be grateful and subservient to the PPP, if it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t be here. I’ve always worked hard, and accepted my place in this society, I’ve rarely ever even spoken to those aboveground, as I’ve always been told to lower my head and not even look at them when they walk past. I’ve always accepted this, as it’s the way it always has been. That is, until recently, whilst doing emergency repair work to a fountain in one of the many parks. A young girl probably about 5 years old wandered over to me and asked what I was doing. I saw no harm in telling her, and she asked lots of questions, children are great they have no discrimination; to her I was just another man, same as all the rest. After a few minutes she offered me one of her sweets, I didn’t even know what it was, apparently it was chocolate, but I didn’t get a chance to taste it. At that moment her mother came running over, screaming for her to get away from me, and accusing me of trying to abduct her daughter. I will never forget the look of horror and fear in this woman’s eyes. That was 4 days ago, I’ve been locked up since then, interrogated, beaten, and then sworn to keep quiet before being allowed home. Why was she so scared of me? I was given a book that had been smuggled underground a few years ago, famous quotes it is called, one of these quotes is now screaming out at me

“HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE VICTORIOUS”

Is there more to our history than we Grotians know? I may never find out as I am now banned from working aboveground, I will never see the sunlight again, unless!!!!!!!!

~Scotgaz

Please submit your story to grotiangrapevine@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment